Alas, it has been far too long, my lovely readers. So much has occurred in the time since I last attempted a work of blog-tastic proportions. Notably, essays. Mounds of them, several of which I am currently avoiding by bringing you this latest update on life-sized fun.
As the title oh-so-conveniently shouts…I am off to HUNGARY this summer! I got into a TeachOverseas mission trip after a rigorous interview and application process. The team seems incredibly Christ centered with a passion for teaching. That’s right, this crazy girl is teaching in Hungarian refugee camps for three months. I need yo prayers, people!
Anyways, here goes a semi-serious list of reasons I intend to go abroad for God this summer.
1. As you all know, I’m an avid traveler. I love exploring new cultures and meeting new people as we dive into adventures. Good food and good company go a loooong way in life, only one-upped by amazing views. After attending the Urbana Missions Conferences this winter, I decided to redeem this travel bug for God’s purposes. Why not follow where God leads me? I committed to listen for God’s call anywhere, at any time.
That time, apparently, was sooner than I expected. I will begin training in California around June 16th, heading to Hungary after a week. I can barely believe this is happening! So much blessing, in such a small time frame. Gotta give it to God, He knows just when to plan things, eh?
2. I love God. And…I believe it’s time to give a little bit back. What better way than through dedicated time and service to his beloved people?
3. You know those people who give blood donations to the Salvation Army? Jesus gave the ultimate blood donation at the Cross so that all of humanity might live. A little service on his behalf, even unpaid, is worth it.
4. Though I’m one of the least qualified people to be part of a mission, I do believe God qualifies those who feel called. I want to follow where He’s leading, instead of running away like I usually do. I’m listening to His still small voice.
5. God to me is the ultimate adventurer who knows the magnificence of His creation. Most of all, He knows how beautiful Christ is and the opportunity for us to know Him. I hope to love and continue loving, overcoming the darkness with small kindnesses each day.
Mostly, I need a strong support team of prayer warriors and finance peeps. If you’re interested in either, please feel free to contact me! For donations, please go to http://www.teachoverseas.org/give/make-a-donation/, specify “Yue Yuan” under “Specific Team Member/Teacher” subheading. If you provide your address, I shall send some homemade gifts your way (prayer bracelets & other gifts for financiers). 😀
I will be updating my journey during the refugee camp teaching on this blog. Who would’ve thought, from study abroad student to missionary…I would say I’m the least qualified to go on missions, but I do believe qualifies those who feel called.
I hope you can see His blessings today!
16 By this we know love, that he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers. 17 But if anyone has the world’s goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God’s love abide in him? 18 Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth. ~1John ESV